Monday, March 3, 2008

Odds & Ends

The breakfast nook at Villa Anamika

A few small things I wanted to note before I forget:

All the fishing boats out across the Arabian Sea, invisible all day, light up the horizon like cities on the opposite shore at night. You can almost see hills rising behind them (there are no hills -- the opposite shore from here, I think, might be Somalia or Kenya... you can't see it, anyway).

A mongoose scampered like a long, sleek squirrel across the garden at breakfast yesterday.

We brought a purifier for emergencies, but most of our water comes from plastic bottles, of which there are dozens of brands, all named to express some kind of purity and preciousness. Favorite brand so far: Golden Stream

FYI: I've changed the default settings on here so that anyone can comment -- you needn't have a Google account or anything.

--Damon

1 comment:

kathy said...

Sometimes you scare me! "Arrest"? What next? Glad you're having fun!!